Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is Cussing Really Wrong?

Started looking through the Bible for reasons why not to cuss. Because as I've been told it is wrong. But I read that we shouldn't use profanity. Our words should be encouraging. What if I were to say, "You did a d*m* good job!" or "Don't take bull**** from other people. You're amazing."
I just want opinions. Not saying I do cuss, or that it IS right... just truly curious.

Psalm 141:3 says, "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!" that could mean not to bring people down with harsh words? Or not to use your mouth for perverted language. The Bible isn't fully specific to me.

Exodus 20:7 says, “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain." but when is saying sh** using God's name in vain in any way?

Psalm 109:17 says, "He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him!" I don't think that actually means curse words... I think that means by doing wrong. Like an actual curse? Like saying he loved to sin. Let sins come upon him.

No comments:

Post a Comment